Sustainable Tableware Range
At Design Group, we continue to consciously seek ways to develop sustainable product. So, we are very excited and proud to release our new Eco Party range, featuring our Palm Leaf, Sugar Cane and Bamboo Tableware! You can now celebrate in a sustainable and stylish way.
Palm Leaf Tableware
Our Palm Leaf products are 100% natural and a great environmentally friendly alternative to plastic tableware.
Made from naturally shredded leaves from the Areca Palm Tree, no trees are ever cut down and no pulp or starch is added. Areca Palm Leaves shred naturally, making room for new growth.
Our Palm Leaf tableware range has been made without the use of chemicals or wax coatings, making this range chemical and toxin free. Not to mention, the range is 100% natural and biodegradable and will add a beautiful style to your next party!
- 100% natural and biodegradable
- Chemical and toxin free
- Strong and durable
- Microwave safe (for up to 2 minutes)
- Oven safe up to 180C
- For 30 mins. Keep at least 6” inches away from the heat sauce)
Fun facts about Areca Palm Tress
– It’s a low maintenance plant and can grow both in and outdoors
– It’s a great air purifier and absorbs harmful toxic gas
– According to Feng Shui, the Areca plant is considered a lucky plant and brings wealth, peace, and prosperity to the house.
Sugar Cane Tableware
Our Sugar Cane products are made from non-wood natural plant fibres with food- grade waterproofing and oil-resistant technology.
Compared to wood, sugar cane biodegrades faster and it also returns nutrients to the soil when it breaks down. This fast growing resource can reproduce in less than a year, unlike wood which can take up to 7-8 years to reach maturity.
- 100% biodegradable
- Odourless and non-toxic
- Microwave safe (up to 2 minutes)
Fun facts about Sugar Cane
– Sugar Cane is a type of grass
– A single planting of sugar cane can last several harvest rotations
– It can grow between 2 and 6m tall
– The most sugar cane cut by hand in eight hours is 50 tonnes!
We have released a gorgeous range of Bamboo Fibre Products that are a reusable, environmentally friendly alternative to single use plastic tableware. Made with unbleached Bamboo Fibre and a decal printing design to offer a beautiful and unique tableware range.
- BPA Free
- Oil resistant
- Suitable for hot and cold foods
- Dishwasher safe
- Strong and durable
We’ve made mealtimes more enjoyable for the kids too, with our new playful 5 piece Kids Bamboo Tableware Sets. The divided plates are designed with raised edges to make it easier for little ones to learn to use cutlery without food sliding off the plate.
What makes Bamboo so great?
– It is one of the fastest growing plants and can grow almost 4 feet in a single day!
– It produces 35% more oxygen than trees and consumes more carbon dioxide than any other plant
– Harvesting won’t kill Bamboo unlike most tree species
– It is sturdy and sustainable
– It is mostly drought tolerant and will survive lack of water
A last little fun fact:
DID YOU KNOW Bamboo is in fact a type of grass and not a tree?!
For more information contact us today.